OOP Corner: J Church - Travels In Hyper-Reality

Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 by Fashion Munx in Labels: , ,
2

J Church might not have been the best band in the world but they were the most important to me. Lance Hahn wrote songs that told stories of that spanned the gamut of human experience, with vivid characters. While the songs weren't always overt or straightforward in their politics they lived and breathed a beautiful anti-oppression narrative. Whether they were hardcore or pop punk or something in between, they are songs that helped us remember to enjoy life.


What I bring to you today is a rare ten song EP from them entitled Travels In Hyper-Reality, which is kind of a concept album with all or most of the songs having to do travelling. I have seen the CD (not even the vinyl) going for as much as $100 on ebay, so I thought I'd share so you didn't have to break the bank to hear some great songs. The songs are all under two and a half minutes and feature a heavy 90's indie-pop lean. The lineup on this record was Lance on guitar/vocals, original bassist Gardner and former Jawbreaker dummer Adam Pfahler. Enjoy!:

Download

2 comments:

  1. http://cgi.ebay.com/J-CHURCH-travels-hyper-reality-10-hot-water-music-/290394915851


    thanks for the link, though! J was a sweet fellow.

  1. Yeah I've seen the 10" plenty of times recently which leads me to believe it was repressed at least somewhat recently. The CD didn't get the same treatment I don't think.